A song of the dying

"I AM” here?

Now? Straddling eternity?
Now is the conjunction approaching,
Eternity and destiny, in marriage with my frailty.
Here is the consummation of my journey.
Here I am.

Hear “I AM”
In the beauty of my mind.
Wires may rust and contacts break without,
But the exquisite, enigmatic coding of my circuits
Still testify within to the genius of my maker.
His heart still swells with ecstasy of creation
And in that heart I thus exist.
Here I am.

Hear “I AM”
In the beauty of my flesh.
Skin may rot and sphincters leak,
But each organ still gives thunderous praise
To the genius of my creator,
Whose heart still swells
With the ecstasy of my being,
And in anticipation of that reunion
That translates “Death” to “Life”,
And relocates my soul to Paradise.

Attend, my friend, my hallowed transformation.
Hear “I AM”, for here am I.

John Caroe

Popular Posts